I've been intending to do this for a very long time. I bought a bunch of 1yuan phone cases to diy. Anyway, I love galaxy stuff. It's so magical~
- Phone case
- Nail polish
- Makeup sponge
1. I am using a black plastic phone case and white, hot pink, purple and blue nail polish. According to the colour chart, that translates into deep pink, dark orchid and dodgerblue. You can use any other coloured phone case as well. Just paint it over with black or white if you wish to. As for the nail polish colours, feel free to experiment with other colours like green, red, brown or orange. Google some images for inspiration!
2. I sliced my makeup sponge into a smaller piece for easier usage. Take your paint and paint on the sponge. Alternatively, you can pour out some paint and dab your sponge on it. Same same.
3. With your paint on the sponge, dab over the case. The key is to be messy and random. Just freestyle. Well, that's what I did. I used white for a base first because my paints did not show up on the black on it's own.
4. Mix dabbing and wiping motions. Don't forget about the sides of the cover!
5. Don't add too much of the same colour at one spot. Try to spread it out. The nail polish should dry pretty fast so you do not have to worry about that.
6. I did 2 coats of colour for some portions because I wanted to enhance the colour or because I wanted to change the look in some areas.
7. Add some stars using your white polish. You can use a toothpick to help you. Just dot on white dots randomly. You can draw some diamond stars too. If you have glitter nail polish, I think that would be nice to use too.
8. Don't forget to put on a transparent layer of top coat or modge podge for protection. I put on two coats. Give it a couple of days to completely dry before using.
And if you don't like it at all, you can always remove it with nail polish remover!
I was kinda worried about how it was going to turn out at first. When you start out, you have no idea what to do, but there is really no right or wrong with this. So, you can just experiment.
Post a Comment