Alright, first simple tutorial.
Being stranded in China, I had no nail polish or anything on my nails at all, so when I couldn't take it anymore, I went a little crazy and ordered some shiny nail foil stickers to try out for the first time. I've always wanted to try them out anyway although the idea behind it is still a bit silly cos it's like just pasting tape on your nails. But, I wanted this foil-ish look so, fine.
They come in a sheet with at least 10 stickers normally. Extras are always good. The rounded edge of the sticker is supposed to be placed near the cuticle area of your nail and it should fit nicely. If it's too big, you can always trim it and if it is too small, you can stretch the sticker. So i guess that's what makes it different from normal stickers?
Sorry, I dont have pictures to help.
- So, you can start off by filing and buffing your nails if you want. Just the basic manicure procedure. Push back cuticles also.
- Select the most fitting size for your fingernail/toenail and peel it from the sheet. Place the rounded edge as close to your cuticles as possible, and in the center. I wouldn't recommend placing it on the cuticles because they will just end up peeling. Don't press the sticker down just yet.
- You'll have quite some extras sticking out, so you can use a nail scissors to snip the extras and place it back on the sticker backing to use for future nail arts or whatnots.
- Start sticking the foil sticker from the sides first, top down. You can stretch the sticker as you go along and try to even the sticker out.
- Use an orange stick/icecream stick/whatever helps to flatten the edges and remove air bubbles.
- For the extras at the end of your nail, use a nail file to file it off. File perpendicular to your nail, in the direction towards yourself or just not in the direction that encourages the sticker to peel off. The little bits at the end will come off quite easily after you've filed it and you're done!
- I applied a top coat but although it prevents scratches and so prevents the (black) prints from being removed, it sort of wrinkled the foil parts after a few days, which totally ruins the point of using these nail foil stickers. It just looked like silver nail polish after that. So, this step is optional.
I kept it on for about 10 days. Removal is quite easy. Package would say to wash in warm soapy water and peel off, but rest assured, you can still bathe and do stuff without it peeling off. Tried and tested here. So, to remove, just peel it off like you would peel a sticker off a surface. It may leave a sticky residue but that can be washed off. The horrible thing is that I think these stickers do not allow your nails to breathe so my nails had some scratches and were quite dry after this. As such, I shall not be doing this too often.
But I kinda bought a bunch of new nail stickers because they were preeeedy. Think glitter and sparkles!