I'm quite lazy to do up a nice tutorial picture for this since I found that I have this pictorial that I posted on my fashion instagram before. I got the design from another nail artist, but I forgot whom. I'd go with lighter colours or polishes with less pigments for the plaids, but I didn't have that kind of nail polish at hand so I just made do with this outcome. It's quite colourful and pretty still.
- So, start off with a white base coat
- Paint a thick blue stripe off centre
- Paint some pink stripes above, below and in the middle of the blue stripe
- Paint a yellow strip down the side of the nail
- Next, add some coloured dots for the base of the flowers
- Add in details for the flowers and leaves
It's not very simple to do if you do not have a thin brush at hand, but still doable.
Well I hope you have been inspired!