I actually painted some festive nail art before I did these. I'll probably blog about it in the coming days. It is a relatively simple tutorial. I removed them because my nails were getting long and in the way, so I wanted to cut my nails. Eventually, I ended up doing these garden floral nails that were inspired by a floral printed crop top from forever 21! If you can't guess which it is yet, it's in the sixth little box of my pictorial.
- Start these off with a white base. These florals are going to be roses, so make an outline of petals lightly using the tip of your brush. Use ample nail polish but not too much or your lines will be thicker and harder to control. They are kinda like 'C' shaped so they shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
- Colour in your roses. My nail polish is medium pigmented so they kinda create different shades in the base of the roses already. Using a thin nail art brush or a toothpick, add some black lines. I drew three for the centre.
- And then I added a couple on the exterior. There is actually no right or wrong way to do this. If you look at the actual print, it is also quite random.
- Using a darker red/pink colour, add a couple of lines to your rose. I just put them where I could. It doesn't really matter.
- Add some leaves and you are done! You can choose to do bigger leaves like the actual print if you have a bigger nail base.
I love these so much and they are so great for spring! I was kinda sad that I was too skinny for the forever21 crop top so I couldn't get it. It has a cute bow back though.
Remember to share your creations with me if you have followed this tutorial! Leave a comment or hashtag your photos to #megoostafashion on instagram!