The Beauty Crop is an indie brand so if you haven't heard of them, you're not the first. I accidentally stumbled on them via Instagram and fell in love with their packaging. Their products sound really yummy too so I couldn't resist when they had a set of five matte liquid lipsticks for sale.
Their website isn't very easy to navigate on desktop but on mobile, you should be able to find their 'about' page to read more about the company. They supposedly use natural ingredients and they are cruelty free. These GRLPWR Liquid Lipsticks were created to empower women and promote love and support for each other. Each one retails for USD$14.95 or you can get the Girl Gang set which contains five of their original colors for USD$56. Signing up for their newsletter gives you 10% off. They recently launched another five colors to their liquid lipstick line. You get 4ml of product in this so that's $3.73/ml - not exactly drugstore, but they are formulated in Italy. Expiry is 18 months after opening.The illustrations are really cute and they definitely make a statement. It is made of cardboard but it's still pretty sturdy. It has a magnetic flip closure and a mirror on the under side. Mine keeps falling off so I'll need to glue that but it also says a lot about the quality. The mirror kinda scratched the interior of the box during shipping so it's a tad torn and broken inside.
All the liquid lipsticks are packed in an individual box so that is nice. I do find them to be so tightly packed with the lipstick bottle that it is kinda hard to open the box. I ended up ripping one of them in my frustration.
Greige Expectations is a light pink nude although the name suggests that it is a grey toned beige - whatever you like to call it. Every brand has this kind of neutral everyday nude color so you don't really need it.
Peach Please is a bright coral red with orange undertones. It is pretty neon so it is also quite streaky. Not a fan of this color but if it's your thing then go for it.Date Night is a rustic mauve with a reddish brown tinge to it. This is my favorite color in the line. You definitely need to make sure that the liquid lipstick is evenly spread out on this one because chunks could cause it to look darker once it's dried.
- Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit $4.99 - $0.83/g, comfortable, pigmented, long lasting | dark colors are patchy
- ColourPop Ultra Matte $6 - $1.875/g, pigmented, long lasting, wide color range | some shades are drying
- Stila Stay All Day $24 - comfortable, pigmented, long lasting, wide color range | $8/ml
- *ColourPop Ultra Satin $6 - $1.875/g, comfortable, pigmented, long lasting, wide color range
- *NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream $6 - $0.75/ml, comfortable, wide color range | streaky
- *Julep It’s Whipped $20 - comfortable, pigmented | $4.87/ml
- JCat Lipfinity $4.99 - $0.41/g, comfortable, wide color range, long lasting | slightly sheer, slightly tacky
- The Beauty Crop GrlPwr $14.95 - comfortable, pigmented | $3.73/ml, limited shade range
- RealHer Matte $15 - long lasting | $3.33/ml, dark colors do not layer well, tacky
- *NYX Liquid Suede $7 - $1.75/ml, comfortable, unique colors | some streaky colors
- *Bellegant Liquid Matte $14.50 - comfortable, pigmented, unique colors | inconsistent formula, flakes, no weight or volume indication, not transfer proof despite claims
- Jordana Sweet Cream $4.99 - $1.66/g, pigmented, wide color range | drying
- NYX Lip Lingerie $7 - $1.75/ml, nudes for everyone | drying, limited colors, tacky
- *Palladio Velvet Matte $7 - $1.68/g, comfortable, pigmented | feathers and bleeds
- LA Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss $6 - $1.20/g | a lot of colors are sheer and streaky, very drying, tacky
- Stila Stay All Day
- Julep It’s Whipped*
- Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit
- ColourPop Ultra Satin*
- JCat Lipfinity
- Palladio Velvet Matte
- The Beauty Crop GrlPwr
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream*
- NYX Liquid Suede*
- Bellegant Liquid Matte
- ColourPop Ultra Matte
- RealHer Matte
- NYX Lip Lingerie
- Jordana Sweet Cream
- LA Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss